T/C Coming back????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just something else to think about with the advancement of in-line ml’s and now smokeless ml’s shooting further and flatter than the traditional sidelocks, I can see the gun lobby’s trying to push their laws and restrictions on us. I know sidelock ml’s can shoot pretty far but typically it was a short range ml. Which is why some states in some counties have/had shotgun or ml seasons.
Just my thought I’m not trying to stir any pot.

Just my nickel here on & about my needs. I am sure if i really want to reach out to 200-300 yards my NEF conversion will do it. I am not in the market to purchase another sml. I think i have my needs covered.

First I will say I have three T/C Hawken rifles and will have all until I am gone also many other Muzzleloaders so I have no need to purchase anything from a new T/C company but if something new peeks my interest I may buy one . All that being said I do not feel T/C owes me any Lifetime Warrant from the old days and do not feel abandon hey that went out of business . Any so called lifetime warranty is only good until a new owner comes along and they can decide to not honor or to honor the warranty And a lot of company's have went out of business in other areas over the years and we lost the warranty coverage.

I am thrilled by this news. I concur that the QLA was a miss and the loss of the warranty was detrimental, but I remained a loyal supporter of T/C despite experiencing an accidental discharge due to the sear design in one of their firearms, which resulted in significant costs for me. I've previously raised this issue here, only to be met with disbelief, yet I am aware of the numerous early settlements claims the manufacturer settled to maintain confidentiality. Gregg Ritz was at the helm of T/C during its transformation from a reputable gun maker to a brand so prevalent that it was featured in every hunting show. It was then sold to S&W for $100 million, whose corporate owners eventually dissolved the company and its warranties. Imagine if Ritz were to restore the company's reputation and honor the previous warranties? While I'm uncertain if that's feasible in today's world, it would be remarkable. As an owner of several T/C firearms, I eagerly anticipate the next chapter of this journey.

https://gunpatent.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Bulletproof-Newsletter-August-2010-v2.pdf

I couldn't agree more.

The only problem with commercially available / inexpensive smokeless muzzies is a smokeless setup is by nature an experts setup.

The rules of black powder are simple... volumetric measurement and only use real black or black substitute everything you need is in the black powder section of any sporting goods store.

Once some bubba gets a hold of a new smokeless setup from Cabellas for less than 1000 bucks they will walk right to the reloading section and buy what ever powder is cheapest and most available. Next thing you know they will be dumping 150 grains of pistol powder down the bore measured out by volume.

I see people abusing traditional inlines on the internet all the time, the stakes are higher with smokeless. I would think this would be too much liability for a big company who distributes through big box stores.

Some smokeless reloaders are just stupid as an example a older man that was in my gun club would show up with his bolt action rifle and handloads and on about the 3rd or 4th shot the bolt would not open so he would go home and someway beat it open I guess we told him it was excessive pressure and do not shoot those loads for fear of blowing up his gun and hurting himself but he did not listen .So any time he showed up I would leave or get really far away.

Some smokeless reloaders are just stupid as an example a older man that was in my gun club would show up with his bolt action rifle and handloads and on about the 3rd or 4th shot the bolt would not open so he would go home and someway beat it open I guess we told him it was excessive pressure and do not shoot those loads for fear of blowing up his gun and hurting himself but he did not listen .So any time he showed up I would leave or get really far away.

I'd be right behind you in leaving.

Back