Bullberry Muzzleloader Barrel

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morgan70

Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying a bullberry barrel for my encore. Does anyone have one or now anything good or bad about them? I have only heard good things about them. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

IIRC BullBerry black powder ML barrels are Pacnor barrels and they are very expensive. Pacnor barrels are excellent. I think Bellm offers a MGM barrel for a little less and its also very good.

My brother said that MGM emailed him and that they would be making Muzzleloader barrels after first of the year. I havent seen anything on their web site about it though. Their prices seem to be right in line with Bullberry's.
Bullberry barrel price is only a couple hundred more than a stock tc barrel. Ive spent a lot more than that trying to get my prohunter barrel to shoot at distance. Shoots under 2 inches with about any load i put in it at a hundred yards. But wont group at all at 175

I think the Bullberry also requires their hanger system for an additional cost. The last person i knew that got one paid in the $700 range after it was done. It might have been a custom twist.

Are you looking at the 50cal or 45cal barrels?

I know the 45cals ive seen were extremely good Pacnor barrels. They might use Douglas for the 50cals depending on CM or SS and twist. Douglas are also very very good barrels.

I own several bullberry encore barrels just none in a muzzle loader.
Fred makes good stuff for the high power anyway. The hanger bar system is so much of an improvement of the factory t/c system.
I would not be afraid to buy bullberry anything.

Latest posts

Back