Truglo crossbow scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up a Truglo Opti-speed scope last year for my crossbow and let me tell you, once you get it dialed in its good out to 60-70 yards and beyond. Not that I'd shoot at game that far but the ability is there. How you set it is you first sight it in at 20 yards like a regular scope then you use what would be the variable magnification knob to dial it to the approximate speed of your bow for the 30 yard reticle. Then, this where the fun starts. Go back to 40 or 50 yards and shoot using the appropriate reticle. You may have to fine tune the dial. Note once sighted in at 20 yards you don't adjust the elevation turret. Thats what the magnification knob does for the various reticles. You only fine tune the windage turret.
Your 20 yard reticle will be spot on and the others may be off a bit but only by an inch or so. Oh and it has an illuminated reticle too.

Look fine to me. I was able to take a buck and doe last year both from the same stand walking on the same trail 43 yards. The buck 2 mins or so before quitting time.
The reticle I'll admit is pretty busy.Screenshot_20240619_224547_Samsung Internet.jpg

i have a Hawke crossbow scope that operates the same way that the truglo does.It is clear,easy to read the lines,easy to setup and holds zero.It is one tough scope.I was cocking the bow with the crank.I got the string almost to the locking point when the crank handle out.the string released pulling the lug out of the stock driving it into the ocular on the scope and almost took my left hand thumb off.I checked the scope and found that the rubber ring on the ocular had a small crack.I checked the bow to make sure the limbs were still in tact and then I cranked it up,loaded a bolt and shot it.It held 0.I haven't had to adjust anything in 5 years of use.

You are very lucky you didn't lose body parts. I have a friend who lost the tips of two finger because he failed to keep them out of the bow string path when he shot.

I have a cheap scope on my crossbow. It shoots ok but I may replace it. I don't use it enough to warrant a $200 but I do worry about it holding zero every time we practice with it. I guess it's no difference than a cheap scope on a gun.

You are very lucky you didn't lose body parts. I have a friend who lost the tips of two finger because he failed to keep them out of the bow string path when he shot.

I have a cheap scope on my crossbow. It shoots ok but I may replace it. I don't use it enough to warrant a $200 but I do worry about it holding zero every time we practice with it. I guess it's no difference than a cheap scope on a gun.
I have the Hawkeye one on my mission 360 it works the same way and I have practiced at 60yrds.and it's on the dot shooting from sand bags. You have to shoot at a 5 spot target or you will rune bolts.

Latest posts

Back