Hornaday 245g Interlock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G_0649.jpg

G_0650.jpg

This bullet was provided by

ENCORE50A

G_0643.jpg

Distance between rifle and horse is 25 yard. Powder charge is 80 grain Blackhorn.

G_0642.jpg

VIDEO

The bullet blew the back of the first bottle away; blew the back of the second bottle away; went through the third, fourth bottles; the jacket was caught by the fifth bottle. The lead went through all six bottles; was caught by the stack of magazines.

G_0645.jpg

G_0646.jpg

G_0647.jpg

Looks like I'll be limiting the bunch I have to either paper or SML. Thanks Encore50A and Ron! As always, very informative.
I got a good deal on 150 of them and loaded a few for the Bushmaster, and planned on the rest for just trigger time. It appears that I'll be using those I loaded for trigger time too.

Didnt frag, even when the jacket separated. The core didnt shroom either. I would like to see more shot at that speed before i condemn it. Ive shot 4 deer with them in 450bm and have not had that happen. It def looks too hard for ml speeds. Agree with phalanx that it might be better suited to sml.

It would definitely kill a deer, that core would leave a nice hole out. Any guesses at velocity? 450 BM is nominally running 2200 -2300 at the muzzle, they probably use a harder lead core.

Ron, as a new to this group member, I want to thank you for doing these tests. They are an eye opener for me. I just started in the ML game again and the choice of projectiles is overwhelming to me. It is obvious to me I cannot assume my center-fire rifle bullets will act the same way out of muzzleloader. I get the muzzle velocity is the hinge pin here. I have narrowed my choices for my muzzleloader bullets.

Latest posts

Back