Range Bag/Box

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracker12

Reaction score
I have been doing a lot more range time lately and find my self unorganized when I get there. I usually just grab my stuff and throw it in a bag. When I get there I seem like I’m always looking for something. Often times something that I forgot. I have been trying to find a good bullet load combination for a fall UT mule deer hunt so have not been pre-measuring my loads at home. Now that I know what is working I will pre-measure in the future. So what are you using as a range bag or box? Pics would be greatly appreciated.

I have been doing a lot more range time lately and find my self unorganized when I get there. I usually just grab my stuff and throw it in a bag. When I get there I seem like I’m always looking for something. Often times something that I forgot. I have been trying to find a good bullet load combination for a fall UT mule deer hunt so have not been pre-measuring my loads at home. Now that I know what is working I will pre-measure in the future. So what are you using as a range bag or box? Pics would be greatly appreciated.
After you've seen all the possibilities, make a trip to Lowe's, Home Depot, or Menards and check out some of the work boxes. My photos are old of my box, but I still use the same one. When I go to the club, I need to have everything with me. Its a long trip back for something I may need and not have.
There are some really great boxes in those stores. Look forward to your plans and what you might need, then double it.

After you've seen all the possibilities, make a trip to Lowe's, Home Depot, or Menards and check out some of the work boxes. My photos are old of my box, but I still use the same one. When I go to the club, I need to have everything with me. Its a long trip back for something I may need and not have.
There are some really great boxes in those stores. Look forward to your plans and what you might need, then double it.
And Harbor Freight too. They have some different stock at hand last time I was there.
My range boxes are somewhat similar to the posted ones. I got them at Home Depot back in the 1990s and haven’t seen them in stock again.

And Harbor Freight too. They have some different stock at hand last time I was there.
My range boxes are somewhat similar to the posted ones. I got them at Home Depot back in the 1990s and haven’t seen them in stock again.
Actually, I just went to my local hardware store and looked over the nice plastic tool boxes with lift out trays bought one that are very reasonable price and by golly I can carry everything for flintlock and percussion and still have room for the assorted pliers and screwdrivers and other weird stuff. I think the box was made by Plano. And it might even been intended for a fishing box but it's well made and waterproof by golly as long as it just rains.

Actually, I just went to my local hardware store and looked over the nice plastic tool boxes with lift out trays bought one that are very reasonable price and by golly I can carry everything for flintlock and percussion and still have room for the assorted pliers and screwdrivers and other weird stuff. I think the box was made by Plano. And it might even been intended for a fishing box but it's well made and waterproof by golly as long as it just rains.
Mine has drawers and a pull out tray. Really convenient too.

These are the ones I use. The first one is a Harbor Freight plastic box with tray and hinged lid. Got it on sale for $3. Makes a great range box for both black powder and smokeless toys.

IMG_9458.jpeg

This one I bought at Home Depot many years ago, made in Israel and use it strictly for my black powder pistols at the range. Has 2 drawers and a tray.

IMG_9456.jpeg

This one I also bought at Home Depot a very long time ago and made in Israel having 3 drawers and pull out tray. I use it to store all the gun related tools and cleaning things.

IMG_9454.jpeg

Latest posts

Back