Southern Indiana Turkey Success

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got it done with my new to me TK 2000! Was a quick and intense hunt. Climbed to the top of a big hillside and my buddy let out a few yelps. A gobbler immediately answered back! He seemed to be about 100yds or so out. We quickly scurried to a few good enough trees and got settled it. He sat about 10yrs behind me and let a few more yelps out. Gobbler answered immediately only this time he was 50 or so yards and coming fast. I adjusted my gun in my lap because he switched from straight ahead to my slight right. He let out some purrs and scratched the ground; gobbler fired right off. 20yds, just over the other side of the hill. Comes in full strut, dodging limbs and tall grass. I laid my sights on him and with a pull of the trigger he was done. What a thrill! IMG_2855.jpeg

Finally got it done with my new to me TK 2000! Was a quick and intense hunt. Climbed to the top of a big hillside and my buddy let out a few yelps. A gobbler immediately answered back! He seemed to be about 100yds or so out. We quickly scurried to a few good enough trees and got settled it. He sat about 10yrs behind me and let a few more yelps out. Gobbler answered immediately only this time he was 50 or so yards and coming fast. I adjusted my gun in my lap because he switched from straight ahead to my slight right. He let out some purrs and scratched the ground; gobbler fired right off. 20yds, just over the other side of the hill. Comes in full strut, dodging limbs and tall grass. I laid my sights on him and with a pull of the trigger he was done. What a thrill! View attachment 44202
Great job, congrats. I have been turkey hunting for a very long time, but I just shot my first bird with my new TK2000 this season too.
Welcome to the forum. What an awesome first post huh.

Great job, congrats. I have been turkey hunting for a very long time, but I just shot my first bird with my new TK2000 this season too.
Welcome to the forum. What an awesome first post huh.
Congratulations on your harvest! Oh yeah it was something else. I’ve thought about it at least once a day since it’s happened!

Congratulations on your Turkey!! My brother told me you got one, I love my TK, This was the first year in a Long time I didn't get to shoot one with mine, I'm thinking about working up a load for deer season and see how it does with buckshot

Congratulations on your Turkey!! My brother told me you got one, I love my TK, This was the first year in a Long time I didn't get to shoot one with mine, I'm thinking about working up a load for deer season and see how it does with buckshot
Thanks Van! Yes I absolutely love it. It impressed my two buddies. So much so they want to use it next season lol. My dad recently gifted me a CVA Hunterbolt so I’m going to deer hunt with that.

Latest posts

Back