The one that got away...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anonymouscowherd

Reaction score
@Ninering62 and I went fishin' yesterday (of course!) ...

Here's the one that got away. 5' or so bull shark from what I can tell (note black on edge of tail all the way down to fork)

Mebbe with that sales tax holiday he can afford a few bigger hooks so he can actually get a hook in it instead of playing tug-o-war with a piece of bait....

View attachment bigshark.mp4

Tried reencoding many times, can't make it happen for some reason. Damn crap iphones and proprietary codecs that I can't work with....

Anyway, ripped the whole thing to still images, pulled the cool 200 of them out that showed the shark

https://itsjustcrap.com/9ringshark/

The friendship you two have is amazing. Love reading about all your adventures.

And glad to hear someone else bash the stupid iphone for the same reason I dislike them.

The friendship you two have is amazing. Love reading about all your adventures.

And glad to hear someone else bash the stupid iphone for the same reason I dislike them.

Best phone at being a phone. Considering I am a Linux admin and Java developer who can write his own phone apps, that is saying something

On the other hand I am not a fan of non-Free software/protocols/etc

Looks like a blacktip or a spinner. Bulls are generally darker farther down their sides and with less distinctive black on tail. Those 4-5 foot blacktips make great grilling steaks....gotta get em to the hill though
I thought it was one or the other as well, but I’ve only seen a few of either of them & they were much smaller.
I wish you’d free up a day to go with us or meet us at Cedar Key or Shell Mound

Planning on grabbing @Ninering62 about 12pm Saturday, heading to Shell Mound to do some fishing and crabbing (bait, snacks) on incoming tide, and then depending on how things are going either staying to fish the outgoing tide or heading to the city pier to fish from high tide until about sundown or a bit after.

Planning on grabbing @Ninering62 about 12pm Saturday, heading to Shell Mound to do some fishing and crabbing (bait, snacks) on incoming tide, and then depending on how things are going either staying to fish the outgoing tide or heading to the city pier to fish from high tide until about sundown or a bit after.
Welllll this is the first I’ve heard about this plan, but it’s not like I’m gonna say no right.
Sooo count me in bro.

Back