Williams Western Precision Sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CVAKodiak50

Reaction score
Getting the Williams precision sight soon, does anyone have experience with this sight and the different reticle options? I’m shooting a CVA Kodiak pro w 95gr vol T7 FF with a 295gr PB. The chart they have says 100-175-200 on the “bdc” drop reticle. Just wondering if anyone likes or dislikes the reticle

I tried the standard reticles and did not like any of them. I much prefer the fiber optic fronts. Currently using the new smaller .019 fiber optic. You can also combine the standards with a fiber optic.

If you order from Williams you can get 10% off with the code below.

View attachment 45032

View attachment 45031
Do you have any issues in low light? I’ve heard a few people drill holes in the globe to let light in

Yes. I’ve added them to Whites and Omegas. The body of the globe is aluminum - so easy to adjust the contour of if needed. And then I bed all mine for a perfect fit.
Sounds good.
I would not any rear peep sites.(already gottem) Can I buy the front globes by themselves? If so… Is there a certain model# I would need to look for when purchasing?

This is the reticle combo I use. I much prefer the concentric circles around the center crosshair.
I haven't tried the .019 fiber optic yet, but I will.
I'm preparing for a 2025 elk hunt, I'm gonna set up two rifles, so I may go crosshair on one and fiber optic on the other.
Both .504 Whites, a G series Whitetail and a Super 91.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230516_144908_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230516_144908_Gallery.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 2
No issues. I have the version that comes with the fiber optic front so it has ports in it already.

View attachment 45045
I tried the standard reticles and did not like any of them. I much prefer the fiber optic fronts. Currently using the new smaller .019 fiber optic. You can also combine the standards with a fiber optic.

If you order from Williams you can get 10% off with the code below.

View attachment 45032

View attachment 45031
Ended up getting the standard sight set with a green .19 fiber optic insert to go with them, what range would you zero to with the fiber optic? It’s Not a paramount or Rem ULT, just basic Cva .50 cal inline so I’m just wondering if 100 is too far for it to zero.

Ended up getting the standard sight set with a green .19 fiber optic insert to go with them, what range would you zero to with the fiber optic? It’s Not a paramount or Rem ULT, just basic Cva .50 cal inline so I’m just wondering if 100 is too far for it to zero.
Standard crosshair reticle front sight and added the small fiber optic?

IMG_6745.jpeg

I like a 100 yard (or further) zero, but it depends on your anticipated ranges while hunting.

Yes. I’ve added them to Whites and Omegas. The body of the globe is aluminum - so easy to adjust the contour of if needed. And then I bed all mine for a perfect fit.
I have a white muzzleloader that has a dovetail front sight. Will these globe sights work on the dovetail or will I need to have it drilled and tapped? I have Lyman peeps, will they work with these globe sights or is the aperture too small?

I have a white muzzleloader that has a dovetail front sight. Will these globe sights work on the dovetail or will I need to have it drilled and tapped? I have Lyman peeps, will they work with these globe sights or is the aperture too small?
All my Whites have a screwed on ramp front sight. If yours is the same then, yes, you could replace it with a Williams. Does yours have a dovetail cut in the barrel? Any aperture will work with these.

I have 2 whites, one has a screwed on ramp front sight. The second is one I bought directly from Doc. White. It was completed by Doc with remaining criterion barrels. It has the front and back dovetail cut into the barrel. The second gun, with the dovetail cut into the barrel, is the one I am considering the barrel sight for. The gun has a 1" bull barrel.

Latest posts

Back