Woodman arms Defiance barreled actions 45 Cal 18 twist

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt monkey

Reaction score
I have a couple of much anticipated Barrel actions from Woodman arms a 20 twist 50 cal ,and an 18 twist 45 Cal, got them stocked at least in some temporary stocks to do a little bit of shooting this is first work starting with the 18 twist and a 270 grain Northern precision pinpoint, the three bullets below the orange dot was 55 grains of n-120 I went to 56 grains this morning and shot the group of three above it again just looking for a potential ,,,looks like it to me.. I continue to be impressed with the 18 twist and this particular Barrel is from Douglas,, Jrs cool and groovy stock. I like the stock but it's a little different the grip is cocked a little bit to the left you have to address the rifle just slightly different but if it keeps shooting like this I'm going to get used to it very quickly ,just shooting a bullet over the powder no wad, and for the most part what I would consider light seating tension.

Attachments

• 20240630_090431.jpg
    20240630_090431.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240630_090245.jpg
    20240630_090245.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
It's a beautiful bullet ,I like it a lot ,and remember it can be bonded and the tipless version also, bonded too ,shoots very well.

So far most of my n-120 loads are about 2 gr less than imr 4198,, I mean the accuracy nodes, I'm such a creature of habit it was hard to get away from 4198 ,, running out of it had no choice but to step away, n120 has been really good in three or four rifles so far.

Another thing I wanted to highlight, this is an adjustable headspace shim lug build that the user can build himself without much knowledge ,I believe if it's not on Woodman arms website Mark would share information if you emailed or called him. I think these can also be built for Remington clones and Remington's too, although I don't know that he has them necessarily in stock, again anyone interested can contact Woodman arms for more info.

Another thing I wanted to highlight, this is an adjustable headspace shim lug build that the user can build himself without much knowledge ,I believe if it's not on Woodman arms website Mark would share information if you emailed or called him. I think these can also be built for Remington clones and Remington's too, although I don't know that he has them necessarily in stock, again anyone interested can contact Woodman arms for more info.
Is this the system Mark posted about on March 14th?

https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/smokeless-muzzleloader-build.59888/page-2#post-580011

IMG_6739.png

Thank you, the stock is different, it actually tends to transfer recoil a little bit more into my body ,but again it looks cool and groovy, but for now the stock is okay, the Defiance action with the slotted Bolt is really nice ,I honestly wondered what all the hoopla was about but I really like the action, it is as smooth as it can be and once again the Douglas Barrel is very even and very accurate at least initially ,I'm waiting on plastic to get here and I'll start a bunch of plastic test I have a handful of new 40 cal bullets that I want to try.

Back