barrel harmonics

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
has anyone tried using barrel dampeners or devices like the Limbsaver X ring sharpshooter barrel dampener or a shaft collar,rubber grommets,bottle stoppers etc,.Did they work?I'm going to try some on my 22 cal. rifles.Thought or ideas and suggestions??

This really isn't a fair response. I have tried a couple but did not really test them enough to know if they were of value. I did not like the sight of them on the barrel so did not retain them. Hope they work for you.

I put a Limbsaver barrel dampener on a standard barrel Ruger 10 22 and if I get better groups with it I might try it ( or something like it ) on a muzzle loader.I thought I would try it out on a 22 because the ammo is cheaper than shooting the the smoke pole.

here is results of my tuner break on my .308 Howa. Setting is 14 and since changed loads to180 grn berger and setting is 16

Attachments

• 20240126_114857.jpg
    20240126_114857.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
thank you guys.45-70, what yardage were ya shooting at?does not look like there were any big flyers.
was done at a 100 . I might add Muzzle loading Nationals , was won by Bestill last week with his .40 , and it has one installed . He won all three of our AGG.

Ya,I thought about the one that threads on the end of the barrel.I could use a adapter.BUT it would be illegal here in in NY state.I can attach something to the barrel as long as its not threaded on to the end of the barrel.For $9.99 I thought I would give it a shot.

Back