CVA Accura MR

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CVAKodiak50

Reaction score
Just purchasing my second ML, CVA Accura MR. Does anyone have any load suggestions or good/bad experiences with this ML? I shoot T7 FF 95gr vol w 295gr pb in my other inline. I’ve thought about trying no excuses.
Thanks

I have owned two CVA Accura's. And got excellent accuracy from both. The first I owned was several years ago and I shot two of the 60 grain magnum pellets of T7 under a 240-grain power belt in that one. My newest which is a Plains Rifle version that is 7-8 years old I shoot with 75 grains weighed BH 209 under a .451 caliber Cutting Edge maximus bullet in a Black Harvester Crush Rib Sabot. Both of these loads produced very tight groups. I used a .430 Cutting Edge Bullet in a Green Crush Rib Sabot until recently but it loaded very tight so I switched up to make field loading easier and did not lose any accuracy.

I'm on my 5th or 6th Acura 50 cal I'm not sure I've lost count ,I found the older model in mint condition a couple of months ago and I couldn't pass it up ,my favorite load and it has been a MOA load and all of these rifles has been 70 grains by weight of Blackhorn and the 250 Fury 452 either star tip or with the black tip I bet your gun likes it. It is the load I go straight to ,it has not failed to shoot in every single rifle.

I know the Accura model prior to the V2 and the V2 shoot great with just about anything you can stuff down the barrel. My .50 cal V2 gets fed 77 weighed grains of BH209 and a 250 brain, .451 Barnes XPB in a black sabot. Deadly load. Deer hate it.

Just purchasing my second ML, CVA Accura MR. Does anyone have any load suggestions or good/bad experiences with this ML? I shoot T7 FF 95gr vol w 295gr pb in my other inline. I’ve thought about trying no excuses.
Thanks
My accura LRX shoots the 290 grain Hornady bore driver with 70 grains of BH the best out of the bullets I’ve tried. The Barnes TEZ 290 grain shoots well with the same charge as well.

I have the MR-X. 45. I shoot the No Excuses bullets. Open the target photo, and on the top right corner of the photo, are the details.

Attachments

• 20231128_215122.jpg
    20231128_215122.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231119_170935.jpg
    20231119_170935.jpg
    995.7 KB · Views: 0
I have two 45 MR-Xs and one 50 cal. The 50 shoots the ELD-X very good. Still playing with the 45's and have some cat .40 I made up to try next time I go shooting (after I get my Scout SML dialed in). May have to try those no excuses too.

Back