Fury stb 265 vs. 300 grain

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been setting up a couple of Knight mountaineers for a Colorado hunt this year. I have shot sidelocks for years, but these Knights are new to me. I put a scope on them to test loads then will go to open sights. The 50 is working fine with the 320 grain universal fit. 100 grains volume of bh209 is running an average of 1925 and less than an inch group at 100 yards. The 45 is shooting the 265 stb an average of 250 with 110 grains of 209 and the 300 grain stb is averaging 2101 with the same load of powder. I am leaning towards the 300 grain stb but would like some thoughts from people who have had more experience with these bullets. Speeds were recorded with a garmin xero. Thanks!

Either of those bullets will work just fine for mule deer to 200 yards. Advertised bc for both is .25. Are you sizing those .45s and shooting them bullet to bore?

Yes. I have a pretty good supply of different pistol bullets and played around with some of them. The fury bullets size easily with minimal springback and they will basically shoot a ragged hole at 100 yards. Very impressed with how they shoot. Shot with a wool wad.

Latest posts

Back