Home-made fishing lures...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
Aside from the millions of lures on the market today, on occasion I enjoy the satisfaction of catching fish with my own home-made hardware. Here are two on the water proven baits of mine . The spiral lure is made of brass and has a very unique strobe-effect through the water. The two polished spoon lures were made from old silver spoons I picked-up at a flea market.
vLWRVoJ.jpg

A7VjlFL.jpg

If anyone else fishes with home-made lures feel free to show them off. :)

I just picked-up two new soft swim-baits ( bottom pic ) to try-out this spring and decided to do a little custom work for the jig heads. ( Lead containing lures/baits are prohibited where I fish, so it can be really hard to find the jig head color you want off the store shelf.)

I start off with an unpainted tin jig head, use white GESSO for base coats, several layers of color, then finish-up with a few layers of clear top-coat.
r09QFzM.jpg

ZrvrQDE.jpg

O6Vcmxy.jpg

ldvcnM3.jpg

If this color combination works-well on the fish then I will make more. Can’t wait to hit the open water to give ‘em a try.:)

Now that's just SICK, there goes fishing just like the modern muzzleloading pushing its way into the primitive season ..... Damn Marty, did you bump your pumpkin ?????? :oops:

skills.jpg

Thanks Bob's.

Now that you're into retirement this year, we'll have to hit the water again sometime!

Latest posts

Back