June match

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please limit posts to match targets on this thread and match results
Please use the postal match start thread for match discussion.
Current rules can be found on page 12 of postal match start.
Post in thread 'Postal Match Start' https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/postal-match-start.59992/post-586974
Thanks
GA Smokey

Current standings
Modern
Ga Smokey 50/5x
Hunter
No score
Western Hunter
No score
Traditional side lock
X Ring 42

Last edited:
Let's see some shoot'n by some of you fellas.
I shot the 50 yard offhand "traditional sidelock" postal match last night at the club. Open sights. Wind 3-7 MPH from 4-6 O'clock. It was a great way to relax after work. I included some eye candy pictures of the rifle I made and shot the group with. Remember guys, nobody wins a postal match. Shoot a target and use that as a baseline to improve on. Or..........................you could stay home and cut the grass! X

Attachments

• DSC_0225.JPG
    DSC_0225.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0226.JPG
    DSC_0226.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0222.JPG
    DSC_0222.JPG
    858.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0223.JPG
    DSC_0223.JPG
    947.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0224.JPG
    DSC_0224.JPG
    886.8 KB · Views: 0
I think you shot that turkey right in the head. Nice shootin. And nice lookin rifle too. Great woodwork and engraving.

Shot the .45 flintlock [made by me] today. 25 yards offhand. Nearly a perfect day at the range. Wind 3-7 mph from 12-2 o'clock.
I forgot to score the X on the info card. The score was 48-1X. From top to bottom X-10-10-9-9. I can provide pics of the target with my scoring overlay over the bullet holes if there are any questions on the score. Am i the only guy that is going to shoot the sidelock match? X

Attachments

• DSC_0227.JPG
    DSC_0227.JPG
  • DSC_0228.JPG
    DSC_0228.JPG
Shot the .45 flintlock [made by me] today. 25 yards offhand. Nearly a perfect day at the range. Wind 3-7 mph from 12-2 o'clock.
I forgot to score the X on the info card. The score was 48-1X. From top to bottom X-10-10-9-9. I can provide pics of the target with my scoring overlay over the bullet holes if there are any questions on the score. Am i the only guy that is going to shoot the sidelock match? X
Yesterday was another beautiful day to shoot the postal match. 25 yards offhand. The wind was 3-5 MPH from my 4-6 o'clock. On the menu today was my .50 cal. flintlock [made by me.] Score 49 X

Attachments

• DSC_0229.JPG
    DSC_0229.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0230.JPG
    DSC_0230.JPG
  • DSC_0231.JPG
    DSC_0231.JPG
X-ring, very nice gun. I built a 50 cal. that looks very similar to yours. Mine doesn't have the carvings that you put on yours, but I did put a patch box and a star on the cheek piece. Mine was to be an Isiac (?) Haines replica (Pa. Long Rifle). It has a swamp barrel which makes it very nice to carry hunting.
Oh, Good shooting also.

X-ring, very nice gun. I built a 50 cal. that looks very similar to yours. Mine doesn't have the carvings that you put on yours, but I did put a patch box and a star on the cheek piece. Mine was to be an Isiac (?) Haines replica (Pa. Long Rifle). It has a swamp barrel which makes it very nice to carry hunting.
Oh, Good shooting also.
Why don't you dust it off and shoot the 25 yard target? X

I hope to. I always enjoyed shooting and hunting with that gun.
The flavor of the day today was my .62 cal. flintlock rifle. [Made by me] 25 yards offhand. It was a beautiful day at the range Light winds, bright sun and 94 degrees. Thank goodness we have a covered range. A flintlock with fast lock time is a thing of beauty.The X count is undetermined but doesn't matter anyway. A .62 makes a BIG hole. [The deer hate it] X

Attachments

• DSC_0232.JPG
    DSC_0232.JPG
    686.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0233.JPG
    DSC_0233.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0234.JPG
    DSC_0234.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back