Knight UL and stuck Primer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracker12

Reaction score
On a few occasions after I lift my bolt it does not want to come back. Knight gunsmith thinks the primer may be getting stuck in the primer slot in the breech plug. Could a change in primer brand make a difference. I am currently using Winchester 209.

It appears it’s a BP issue. SABOTLOADER walked me thru a few tests that indicate it might need shimmed. I replaced it with a new Lehigh BP and all is good. Still going to try and shim the old one and see if it makes a difference.

I picked up a handful of Lehigh plugs. After not being able to score plugs for my old Traditions is why I picked up the ultralight in the first place. Since have found plugs for traditions but thats besides the fact.

One lehigh needed only one .005 shim. the other two needed 4 in one and 5 in another. order up a couple of packs of shims if you have more than one plug to shim. Fed 209A and CCI 209 Magnums both had proper headspace with the same amount of shims so if you wind up with either of those in a plug shimmed up should be fine for both. Will test at the range next time out to verify that though.

Latest posts

Back