T7 Cleanup

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracker12

Reaction score
I haven’t shot Triple 7 in several years but due to the shortage of B209 I decide to buy a couple pounds. What is the best solution to use as a cleanup?

T7, Black Powder, Pyrodex, Blackhorn209, it is all water cleaned, I do add a degreaser and dish soap to the water. As hot as I can get it without actually boiling, I know some that cold tap/spigot water to each his own on the methods. As far as I am concerned Whatever, however preference is yours alone but needs to be done within reason following a shooting session. (I generally won`t go more than 4-5 hours) That is MY Preferred.

Hummmmm....... everything coming from Western or Hodgdon will tell you to NOT use water with BH209. Not saying that... you .... can't use it, but the manufacturers both say not to use water.

Best cleaner I've every used for T7, is Butch's Black Powder Bore Shine. I used it exclusively when shooting 180grs of T7 in my BP Xpress for cleaning and swabbing. Cleanup with just 5 patches. Spotless.

Ive never used water to clean BH209 and happy with the cleaner I am using. Swiss I always used soapy hot water. Buddy gave me some of Butch’s today to use on the T7.

T7, Black Powder, Pyrodex, Blackhorn209, it is all water cleaned, I do add a degreaser and dish soap to the water. As hot as I can get it without actually boiling, I know some that cold tap/spigot water to each his own on the methods. As far as I am concerned Whatever, however preference is yours alone but needs to be done within reason following a shooting session. (I generally won`t go more than 4-5 hours) That is MY Preferred.
Water with BH 209? I think not. Nitrocellulose based powder residue is not water soluble.

Hard to beat good old Hoppes #9 . Its what it was made for , no drying or worry about rust ,wet patch then couple clean dry patch , wipe and put her away

Just one person's method of cleaning T7 or BH. It really works well for me and others. I have been using this method for several years now. The Windex patches are made using Blue Windex with ammonia!

Bore-Cleaning.jpg

Latest posts

Back