Triple Seven

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very new to T7. I was always a BH209 guy or real black powder. I have been using t7 in my 52 knight and I just spit on a patch, run it down the bore, then follow up with a dry patch, load and shoot.

I think I will be using T7 more since its not $200 a pound and I am getting 300 fps more velocity with T7 in my 52 than I was with Goex.

There's nothing at all wrong with T7 granular. I use it at the gun club all summer and shoot just enough BH209 just prior to the deer season to proof the load and scope. Once a person gets a procedure down pat its fine.

To make certain things still work with the BH209 I maybe have to shoot three times at the club prior to the season opener, and then maybe two shots during the season. What 209 I have on hand right now will outlast me even if I am alive for another twenty years shooting at the rate I do. Last year BH209 was shot a whole four times between the club and in the woods. Smokeless finished the season.

I'm curious about the crud ring that everybody is having problems with with triple seven. I use 777 in my percussion but I only shoot about 45 or 50 grains of 777 2F. As far as I know I don't have what they call the crud ring I sure don't have any problem seating the next charge. Anybody else have this kind of experience?
Squint
What projectile? I noticed bad crud ring running sabots in the 50... but no issue using hornady pa conicalss.... i think the lead bullet/lube helps clean the barrel compared to the sabot rounds making the issue worse

What projectile? I noticed bad crud ring running sabots in the 50... but no issue using hornady pa conicalss.... i think the lead bullet/lube helps clean the barrel compared to the sabot rounds making the issue worse
my only projectiles anymore have been just patched round balls. I have some Thompson center 350 grain slugs and also some REAL bullets but they take so darn much lead that I just stay with the round balls. I have dies to make both, but for what I do for shooting the round balls are just as much fun.

Back