What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shot a few 480 gr White conicals in my White Odyssey. They didn’t shoot too badly with 100 gr of FF 777, but at 110 gr they were all over the place. Went back to the 600 gr. Much better.
Morning ElDiablo:
Who makes the 600 grain you are shooting?

Steve

Received my spiral, 24in Omega smokeless barrel from Woodman today. It was supposed to be delivered this past Friday but the USPS decided they wanted to keep it for a few extra days after telling me multiple times it would be delivered by 9 PM. VA has the 3rd worst on time deliveries.

Barrel is fantastic looking but it will not go in my laminated stock until I clear some room for the rear lug. I put it in a spare synthetic stock and I actually may just leave it in it. Looks good and will be a great stand/brush gun. Debated on mounting a 3-9X Sightron SII or 1-4X Bushnell Elite (30mm tube). I went with the Elite because it seems to fit/look better with the barrel.

The nitrided barrel came with a 209 breechplug, ramrod, stock screws (too long for my stock) and Woodman's scope mount. Cheap way to go smokeless if you already have an action and stock. Looking forward to shooting as soon as I can after the cataract surgeries. 20240701_195651.jpg20240701_205325.jpg

Attachments

• 20240701_200107.jpg
    20240701_200107.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Received my spiral, 24in Omega smokeless barrel from Woodman today. It was supposed to be delivered this past Friday but the USPS decided they wanted to keep it for a few extra days after telling me multiple times it would be delivered by 9 PM. VA has the 3rd worst on time deliveries.

Barrel is fantastic looking but it will not go in my laminated stock until I clear some room for the rear lug. I put it in a spare synthetic stock and I actually may just leave it in it. Looks good and will be a great stand/brush gun. Debated on mounting a 3-9X Sightron SII or 1-4X Bushnell Elite (30mm tube). I went with the Elite because it seems to fit/look better with the barrel.

The nitrided barrel came with a 209 breechplug, ramrod, stock screws (too long for my stock) and Woodman's scope mount. Cheap way to go smokeless if you already have an action and stock. Looking forward to shooting as soon as I can after the cataract surgeries. View attachment 45342View attachment 45343
Congrats my friend

Just an FYI, the screws provided are intentionally long and are to be trimmed to the length you need. You will likely find them too long for any stock.

The nitrided barrel came with a 209 breechplug, ramrod, stock screws (too long for my stock) and Woodman's scope mount. Cheap way to go smokeless if you already have an action and stock. Looking forward to shooting as soon as I can after the cataract surgeries. View attachment 45342View attachment 45343

Thanks Ninering, looking forward to shooting it.

That's good to know about the screws Mark, I didn't realize that. Love the barrel, great quality workmanship. Thank you very much for making them.

R,
John
John, Quick fix on those long screws to keep them from impinging on the ramrod is to space them out with a stainless washer or two. Simple.

My cataract surgery got canceled by the surgical center as I walking out my door due to malfunctioning equipment so I set the breechplug up in the Woodman Omega barrel using El Diablo's excellent instructions he posted in an earlier thread. Overall BP length is 1.171" using Cheddite 209 primers giving me a crush of roughly .005".

Thanks El Diablo!!

That is looking awesome El Diablo. I was cleaning the inside of the new Omega barrel with Hoppes and patches still getting crud from it. Not sure what is in it but it is not easy to remove.

Back