Where the heck are all the #11 percussion caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every local gun store for 60 miles of me in any direction. Have the need of greed on any type of caps & primers. Double the price & sometimes much higher, so high give you terrible nose bleeds. I don't buy a dam*ed thing from them now.

I didn't have my glasses on when i took the pics. I just saw that the price tag is for tinks scent bombs. I’ll go back and check the price in a couple hours.
Unfortunately none of the Walmarts in Florida have them in stock. I even checked several locations in SC and Georgia. Bass pro has the Remington 11 in stock but at $12 a tin.

I have seen a local gun store pricing out tins for $29.95 before too. I sometimes go around to see what they have for sale in guns and other things. They sometimes have MLs for sale too. But around here Bass Pro and Cabelas tend to have more used ones for sale though some pop up at pawn shops.

Unfortunately none of the Walmarts in Florida have them in stock. I even checked several locations in SC and Georgia. Bass pro has the Remington 11 in stock but at $12 a tin.
In CA, on he rare day you can find any, they go go for $16.95 a tin (or more)

I was at my local chinamart at 6:30 this morning. In the case in Sporting goods was all the pellets & containers of pyrodex powder. Talked to manager & he said all the other stuff would come in by July 14th as a modular shipment & store being stocked same day.

Last edited:
When i run out of my current stock of store bought percussion caps, I’ll start making my own instead of playing the greed game of both sellers and buyers.

Back