What Scopes Does Everyone Use

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont have 500 yards available but my Mueller 8-32 w target dot does fine at 400....

Yes, you can get better glass but you are gonna pay a lot more for it

My longest range available is 400 Yards and I shoot a Vortex Viper 4x16x44 and can hold really good groups at that distance with a 6.5 Creedmoor. If I were to have longer distances available, I would really consider spending the money on a Night Force.

Dont have 500 yards available but my Mueller 8-32 w target dot does fine at 400....

Yes, you can get better glass but you are gonna pay a lot more for it
I have this same scope. I really like it. I had it on my 6.5CM then once I found a good load I went with a lower 4-16x variable for hunting. It is now on my Bergara 22LR. (My 100 yd squirrel rifle!!!)

To shoot accurately out to 500 yards with a Muzzy you will need a scope that at the least has adjustable turrets for elevation. And for repeatability you will need a quality built scope. Lots of options that will only be limited by your pocketbook.

I rarely shoot 100 yards anymore. But the scopes I used most were Swift. Lately Ive been buying Vortex and for my new cz22lr I have a Leupold to install when Im ready.

Side note. Have the 3 and 5 year old grand kids for the weekend. They enjoy standing on the deck and shooting the 22 and pellet gun at the pond. (Safe angle) I had purchased the cz22lr under the vail of for my 5 years first gun. Yesterday she commented maybe I needed one for the 3 year old. :)

Latest posts

Back