What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking, if I'm remembering correctly, you can use less N120 than 4198.

My understanding also, 65gr of 4198 is Hankins maximum load with a 275gr. I don't plan on going over 60 gr which is what most people are finding is the "best" load to use. I've only been able to get off 3 shots with a 55gr load but didn't have my chrono with me. It definitely seemed like it needed more powder to tighten up. Just haven't had time to test it. Being retired is hard work!

My understanding also, 65gr of 4198 is Hankins maximum load with a 275gr. I don't plan on going over 60 gr which is what most people are finding is the "best" load to use. I've only been able to get off 3 shots with a 55gr load but didn't have my chrono with me. It definitely seemed like it needed more powder to tighten up. Just haven't had time to test it. Being retired is hard work!
I guess I'm not "most" people....
🤣🤣....

Ordered a Leupold today from Optics Planet for my Paramount conversion that is in the works at Woodman Arms. When I went to order it they gave me a great discount, almost 20% off. If your in the market may be a good day to take a look.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back