What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered 8lbs of N120 for my Scout from Grafs, free shipping and free hazmat. Tax wasn't free though (ugh). Figured I'd just bite the bullet now and know I'll have it for a very long time as I'm only using a max of 58 to 60 grs per shot.

No 4198 H or I around me here in VA or online that I could find.
Great score

Ninering62 said: "Great score"

I thought so to Tom. I was looking at various 45-70 reloading powders as future alternatives in the Scout should powder get scare and was going to ask you to run some numbers for me on the powders but 5lbs of those various ones ended up being more than the 8lb of N120!

Last edited:
called bell and Carlson and was able to order a knight ultra light stock for my mountaineer. I was surprised I was able to. It wasn’t cheap but I had to have it. I will keep you posted once I receive it. If everything works out I will probably have a brand new Boyd’s thumbhole for sale🤷

So how was the N133 any good? Why I asked about N130, is I see it as being equivalent to H4198, IMR4198, and RL7. According to ADI World Class Powder Equivalent Chart?
I feel your pain, I have a friend who has a gun shop in central Pa who has always helped me out during powder supply issues. I basically tell him what I’m in need of and he will call when it’s available. He hasn’t been able or has seen either of the 4198s in a long time. I’m venturing into other options. Been getting N120 pretty easy. I sure hope it does well when I get the time to shoot cause l bought bunches. 🤓

I feel your pain, I have a friend who has a gun shop in central Pa who has always helped me out during powder supply issues. I basically tell him what I’m in need of and he will call when it’s available. He hasn’t been able or has seen either of the 4198s in a long time. I’m venturing into other options. Been getting N120 pretty easy. I sure hope it does well when I get the time to shoot cause l bought bunches. 🤓
N120 I have used with excellent results. Works well & burns clean. That's why I ordered 2 more Lbs. & asked about N130 because is available.

Recently received a pair of Woodman’s adjustable escucheon pillars and nitrided screws. Man, I think these things are gonna be the way to go for the SML Omega builds!

View attachment 44352
Thank you very much for the new Woodman Website. I was wondering why I couldn't get the Woodman site anymore, now I know why. Thanks again!

The N120 is excellent across the board. I've been using it for over 4yrs now

Ordered 8lbs of N120 for my Scout from Grafs, free shipping and free hazmat. Tax wasn't free though (ugh). Figured I'd just bite the bullet now and know I'll have it for a very long time as I'm only using a max of 58 to 60 grs per shot.

No 4198 H or I around me here in VA or online that I could find.
I'm thinking, if I'm remembering correctly, you can use less N120 than 4198.

Latest posts

Back