What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered 2 LBS Each of VV N110 and VV N120 in anticipation of my Woodman Brux Omega Barrel. Searched for H4198 and IMR 4198 with no luck but I expected that. Going to start out with Cutting Edge 240 grain Bullets and light blue sabots.
I just ordered 2 pounds of IMR 4198 @ $58.19 per pound from 3rd Generation Shooting Supply (Gene Sears Supply). Not cheap. Total cost of $162.84 including delivery by UPS and the HazMat fee for the 2 pounds. There website is not the easiest to navigate, but they got my powder shipped out the next day after ordering at 3:30PM.
https://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/imr-4198-1-lb

Last edited:
Got Bullets and sabots ordered from Cutting Edge for my Accura, Omega and the Woodman smokeless that is in the works. Went with the 240 Grain 40 caliber Maximus for the smokeless and will try the light blue crush rib sabot with a wool wad between powder and sabot. N 110 will be the powder I start with and Winchester LRM primers. That should be everything I need to get started once the gun arrives and I get the scope mounted. Probably won get to work with it personally until early fall but like having everything on hand well before I need it. I have killed a lot of Deer with the Cutting-Edge Bullets fired from my Accura in the last few years, hope they perform as well in the smokeless gun.

I put an ultralight stock on my mountaineer. Pretty much drop in I had to drill pilot holes for the trigger guard. Love the stock it’s not as bulky as the laminated thumb hole. It weighs 8 pounds with scope

Attachments

• IMG_1826.jpeg
    IMG_1826.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1827.jpeg
    IMG_1827.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1824.jpeg
    IMG_1824.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 2
Scouting this weekend in AZ for my muzzy antelope tag. Seeing some great bucks.

View attachment 44499

GOOD LUCK 🤞! Boy, How Many Preference Points for that Tag?
I Managed to Draw my CO Muzzleloader Buck Antelope 🐐 Tag! Come On September 21st!
Good luck to both you!!
What muzzy y'all planning on using? It's seems to me..🤔.. this is where a 40 would shine?Is 40s legal in both of these states?

Good luck to both you!!
What muzzy y'all planning on using? It's seems to me..🤔.. this is where a 40 would shine?Is 40s legal in both of these states?
YES, .40 Cal is Legal in CO & that is what I'll be using 👍.
Not Sure, but I don't think AZ has a Minimum Caliber Restriction for Antelope. Scopes are Allowed along with BH 209.

Sounds like you could use your .35 Cal in AZ but Only with BH 209 😞.

Not Sure, but I don't think AZ has a Minimum Caliber Restriction for Antelope. Scopes are Allowed along with BH 209.

No restrictions on muzzys when used during an any weapon hunt.

Received a pile of .50 600 gr bullets today. Thanks @steve egan! Should make good moose medicine.

View attachment 44533
Hoe Lee Smokes dude, .50 600g conicals, talk about bringin the thunder!
Good " Moose medicine " hell yes, moose, Kodiak, T Rex, Sasquatch, Elephants or even Lizzo...... they're goin down hard when hit with that ginormous hunk of bad medicine. I want to see impact video of whatever you hit with that

Hoe Lee Smokes dude, .50 600g conicals, talk about bringin the thunder!
Good " Moose medicine " hell yes, moose, Kodiak, T Rex, Sasquatch, Elephants or even Lizzo...... they're goin down hard when hit with that ginormous hunk of bad medicine. I want to see impact video of whatever you hit with that
Gonna be testing some loads with this bullet in the White Odyssey shortly. Thinking 80-100 gr of Swiss or 777.

BH209, I got 2 jugs of it. I wonder....🤔....if I could trade it for some IMR3031....🤣....

Latest posts

Back