What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gonna be testing some loads with this bullet in the White Odyssey shortly. Thinking 80-100 gr of Swiss or 777.
El Diablo Question for you, are you still repriming your modules with an arrow shaft & block of wood? If you are you should get one of the Lee hand press kits, they only cost $68.02 at Midway USA. Is a lot easier & safer & also you can use it for sizing bullets when you are shooting at your range!

Attachments

• IMG_2115.jpg
    IMG_2115.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 0
I figured. Yeah, there is no shellholder available (yet) for the Woodman 209 modules, last I checked. So no other options besides manual repriming.
ElDiablo, Are you talking about a module that holds a 209 primers or a module the size of a 209 that takes a large rifle primer? Dont recall hearing about 209 modules before. Thx!

Finally got the White .504 Odyssey out today. Man, I love this rifle! Weighs 6 lbs 5 oz with a Lyman 57SME and Gehmann adjustable aperture and Williams Western front globe with .019” fiber optic insert. Using the Bestill plug and Treso Ampco nipple. Shot a few 600 gr White bullets with 100 gr 2F 777. It’s got a little kick to it but shooting pretty well. Got it shooting 2” high at 50 which should have it zeroed at 100. Speed is 1325 fps.

IMG_6406.jpeg
IMG_6409.jpeg

Finally got the White .504 Odyssey out today. Man, I love this rifle! Weighs 6 lbs 5 oz with a Lyman 57SME and Gehmann adjustable aperture and Williams Western front globe with .019” fiber optic insert. Using the Bestill plug and Treso Ampco nipple. Shot a few 600 gr White bullets with 100 gr 2F 777. It’s got a little kick to it but shooting pretty well. Got it shooting 2” high at 50 which should have it zeroed at 100. Speed is 1325 fps.
Good to know!
I just got some 600 grainers to try out in my White, M98 Elite Hunter. Will be interesting to see how they group and the recoil from the heavier gun. Would love to use it on a moose hunt.

Latest posts

Back